When looking for the best dog training programs, there are many things to consider. Here are five key points to keep in mind:
1. Identify Your Dog’s Training Needs: Different dogs have different training needs, so it’s important to identify what your dog needs before you start searching for the best program for them. Some dogs may need basic obedience training, while others may need help with aggressive behaviors.
2. Research Different Programs: Once you have identified your dog’s training needs, it’s time to start researching different programs. Look for programs that are tailored to your dog’s needs, offer proven results and are offered by certified trainers.
3. Ask Questions: Don’t be afraid to ask questions to ensure that the program you choose is the best one for your dog. Ask about the program’s approach, the duration of the program and the type of support offered.
4. Check for Reviews: To get an idea of how successful the program is, check for reviews from other pet owners who have used it. This will give you an idea of whether the program is effective and whether it is worth the investment.
5. Consider the Cost: Cost is an important factor when choosing a training program, but it shouldn’t be the only one. Compare the cost of different programs and make sure you are getting the best value for your money.
Finding the best dog training program can be a daunting task, but by following these five key points, you can be sure that you are making the right choice for your dog. With proper research, you can find a program that is tailored to your dog’s needs and offers proven results. Once you’ve found the right program, you can look forward to enjoying a well-trained and well-behaved pup.
10 Best Dog Training Programs
1. Victoria Stilwell's Icalmdog Thunderstorms Desensitization Training W/ Through A Dog's Ear Music Micro Sd Sound Card
This specially designed desensitization and auditory training program helps train thunder-phobic dogs to find calm. Compatible with iCalmDog speakers 2.0 – 5.0, and most Micro SD-enabled devices, this program provides 60 minutes of soundtracks with progressively louder thunderstorm sounds intermixed with music designed to mask and re-train fear responses.
The program has been recommended by veterinarians and dog trainers worldwide since 2008, and is a Fear Free Happy Homes Preferred Product. It includes training protocols for dogs with thunder fear, developed by the renowned Victoria Stilwell, star of Animal Planet’s It’s Me or the Dog, and author of Train Your Dog Positively.
Victoria Stilwell’s approach to dog training is based on positive reinforcement and sound science, giving owners the tools they need to train their dogs and build strong, trusting relationships. The iCalmDog Thunderstorms | Desensitization Training Program is the perfect complement to her training protocols, allowing owners to provide their dogs with a safe and effective way to learn to cope with their fear.
The program features clinically-tested music designed by Through a Dog's Ear, providing a safe and effective way to re-train the fear response in anxious dogs. The soundtracks are designed to help dogs remain calm in the face of loud noises, and to help them to learn to associate thunder with positive experiences.
The iCalmDog Thunderstorms | Desensitization Training Program is the perfect tool to help train thunder-phobic dogs and give owners the peace of mind that their dogs are receiving the best training possible. With Victoria Stilwell’s protocols and the music from Through a Dog's Ear, this program provides a safe and effective way for dogs to learn to cope with their fear and find calm.
2. Victoria Stilwell's Icalmdog Fireworks Desensitization Program With Through A Dog's Ear Music.
The iCalmDog Fireworks Desensitization Training Program is the perfect solution to help your pup respond more calmly during fireworks displays. Compatible with iCalmDog speakers 2.0-5.0 and most Micro SD-enabled devices, this program contains four soundtracks with progressively louder fireworks sounds intermixed with music designed to mask and re-train fear responses.
The music used in this training program is clinically tested and created by the renowned Through a Dog's Ear team. Fear Free Happy Homes Preferred Product, this specialized music and training protocols are recommended by veterinarians and dog trainers worldwide since 2008. The 60-minute recording is designed to help your pup associate calm feelings with booming fireworks rather than feelings of fear and flight.
Victoria Stilwell, renowned animal behaviorist and CEO of Victoria Stilwell Positively, designed the program with the help of sound experts and animal behaviorists to create the perfect desensitization and auditory training tool. The program is designed to help with whimpering, whining and fear-based behaviors during fireworks. The training protocols are easy to follow and help you re-associate calm feelings with fireworks and help your pup become better acclimated to the loud noises.
This training program is a great way to help your pup feel more comfortable and safe during fireworks displays. With easy to follow instructions and clinically tested music, this program is the perfect way to help your pup become more confident during the summer months. Give your pup the tools they need to respond calmly and confidently during fireworks with the iCalmDog Fireworks Desensitization Training Program.
3. Clinically-Tested Music For Canine Separation Anxiety By Through A Dog's Ear With Victoria Stilwell's Training Program & Micro Sd Sound Card
The iCalmDog Canine Separation Anxiety with Clinically-Tested Music by Through a Dog's Ear is the perfect solution to help calm and comfort destructive, anxious, and panicked dogs. Compatible with iCalmDog speakers 2.0 to 5.0 and most Micro SD-enabled devices, this product is a Fear Free Happy Homes Preferred Product, as its specialized music and training protocols are recommended by veterinarians and dog trainers worldwide since 2008.
Designed with alternating simplified classical piano music with periods of silence, the 16-hour program is designed specifically for non-habituation and long periods of time alone. The accompanying training protocol for dogs with Separation Anxiety is unparalleled in behavioral training, as it utilizes the iCalm sensory system.
Through a Dog’s Ear, the creators of this product, is a clinically-tested, research-based music program that has been helping dogs reduce their stress and anxiety levels for over a decade. The calming music helps to reduce stress-related behaviors, such as barking, pacing, panting, and general restlessness. The calming music also helps to reduce anxiety and improve overall behavior.
The iCalmDog Canine Separation Anxiety with Clinically-Tested Music by Through a Dog's Ear is the perfect solution to help reduce destructive, anxious, and panicked behavior in dogs. The 16-hour program of alternating simplified classical piano music with periods of silence is designed to reduce stress and anxiety levels for long periods of time alone, and the accompanying training protocol for dogs with Separation Anxiety is unparalleled in behavioral training. Try the iCalmDog Canine Separation Anxiety with Clinically-Tested Music by Through a Dog's Ear to help reduce stress and anxiety levels in your dog.
4. Garmin Forerunner 45s Gps Running Watch, 39mm, White
The Garmin Forerunner 45S is an easy-to-use GPS running watch designed to help athletes reach their goals. The watch, which comes in a 39mm size, features GPS technology to track pace, distance, intervals, and more. It also offers the Garmin Coach adaptive training plan, which provides personalized coaching and guidance.
The Forerunner 45S connects to a compatible smartphone, allowing users to receive notifications, live tracking, and music controls. Additionally, the watch features safety and tracking features that include incident detection, which can send a user's real-time location to emergency contacts.
The Forerunner 45S offers a variety of sports apps for running, cycling, indoor track, treadmill, elliptical, cardio, and yoga. The watch has a battery life of up to 7 days in smartwatch mode and up to 14 hours in GPS mode. The Forerunner 45S includes the watch, a charging cable, and documentation.
Whether you are a beginner or a professional athlete, the Garmin Forerunner 45S offers an easy-to-use GPS running watch that helps you reach your goals. With its GPS technology, adaptive training plan, and safety and tracking features, the Forerunner 45S helps you stay connected, informed, and on track.
5. Khan Academy Kids: Free Educational Games & Books
Khan Academy Kids is an award-winning educational platform that brings joy to learning through engaging games and activities. With its personalized learning experience, children can explore a robust curriculum that covers literacy, language, math, executive functioning, logic and more. Plus, they can learn important skills such as empathy, self-confidence, problem solving, and appreciating and accepting different cultures and perspectives.
Khan Academy Kids is designed in collaboration with experts from the Stanford Graduate School of Education, and is praised for its educational value and ease of play by Common Sense Media. The program also includes 15 original books written especially for the platform, and five whimsical characters that guide children through the learning journey.
Additionally, Khan Academy Kids offers children the opportunity to develop social-emotional, motor and physical development, and creative expression. Parents can stay involved in the learning process by viewing their children's progress and reading books with them.
Khan Academy Kids has revolutionized the way kids learn, offering a fun and interactive way to explore and develop important skills. With its personalized learning experiences, award-winning content, and expert-designed curriculum, Khan Academy Kids is the perfect platform for children to learn and grow.
Best Dog Training Programs FAQs
Is it good to send your dog away for training?
It can be beneficial to send your dog away for training, depending on the type of training and the individual needs of your dog. Professional dog trainers can provide specialized instruction and guidance that may not be available in your local area. Additionally, sending your dog away for training can provide a distraction-free environment, allowing your dog to focus on learning and developing good behaviors.
However, sending your dog away for training can also be stressful for both you and your dog. It is important to research the training facility and the trainer to ensure that they are reputable and have experience with the type of training you are seeking. Additionally, you should consider the length of the training program and the cost.
It is also important to consider the individual needs of your dog. If your dog is anxious or has separation anxiety, sending them away for training may not be the best option. Additionally, if your dog is elderly or has health issues, it may be best to find a trainer who can come to your home.
Overall, sending your dog away for training can be beneficial, but it is important to consider the individual needs of your dog and the type of training you are seeking. Researching the training facility and the trainer is essential to ensure that your dog is receiving the best possible care.
What are the 4 D's of dog training?
The 4 D's of dog training are:
1. Discipline: Discipline is the foundation of any successful dog training program. It involves teaching your dog the rules of the house and setting boundaries. This includes teaching your dog basic commands such as sit, stay, come, and leave it. It also involves teaching your dog how to behave in public and how to respond to distractions.
2. Direction: Direction is the next step in dog training. This involves teaching your dog how to follow your commands and how to respond to cues. This includes teaching your dog how to heel, how to stay in a sit or down position, and how to come when called.
3. Distraction: Distraction is an important part of dog training. This involves teaching your dog how to stay focused on you and ignore distractions. This includes teaching your dog how to ignore other dogs, people, and objects.
4. Desensitization: Desensitization is the final step in dog training. This involves teaching your dog how to cope with new and unfamiliar situations. This includes teaching your dog how to stay calm in the presence of loud noises, unfamiliar people, and strange objects.
These four D's of dog training are essential for any successful dog training program. By teaching your dog these four D's, you will be able to create a well-behaved and obedient dog.
What are the 5 golden rules of dog training?
1. Establish Clear Rules and Boundaries: It is important to establish clear rules and boundaries for your dog. This will help them understand what is expected of them and what behaviors are acceptable. Make sure to be consistent with your rules and be sure to reward your dog when they follow them.
2. Use Positive Reinforcement: Positive reinforcement is one of the most effective tools for training your dog. Whenever your dog does something you want them to do, reward them with treats, praise, or a toy. This will help them understand that they are doing something right and will encourage them to continue the behavior.
3. Be Patient: Training your dog takes time and patience. Don’t expect your dog to learn everything overnight. Be patient and consistent with your training and your dog will eventually learn what you are trying to teach them.
4. Be Consistent: Consistency is key when it comes to training your dog. Make sure to use the same commands and rewards each time you train your dog. This will help them understand what you are asking of them and will make it easier for them to learn.
5. Have Fun: Training your dog should be a fun and rewarding experience for both you and your dog. Make sure to take breaks and have fun with your dog during training sessions. This will help keep your dog motivated and will make training more enjoyable for both of you.
Which dog training course is best?
The best dog training course will depend on the individual needs of the dog and the owner. Generally, the best courses will be those that focus on positive reinforcement and reward-based training. This type of training is based on the idea that dogs will be more likely to repeat behaviors that are rewarded with treats, praise, or other positive reinforcement. It is also important to look for courses that focus on teaching the dog basic obedience commands such as sit, stay, come, and heel. Additionally, courses should include instruction on how to address common behavioral issues such as barking, chewing, and jumping.
When selecting a dog training course, it is important to consider the experience and qualifications of the instructor. Look for courses taught by certified trainers who have experience working with a variety of breeds and temperaments. It is also important to find a course that is tailored to the individual needs of the dog and the owner.
Finally, it is important to find a course that is convenient and affordable. Look for courses that offer flexible scheduling and payment options. Additionally, look for courses that offer a money-back guarantee if the dog does not respond to the training. With the right course, owners can be confident that their dog will learn the necessary skills to become a well-behaved and obedient pet.